Thursday, September 07, 2006

Steve Irwin

I loved his shows.

I used to catch Crocodile Hunter Diaries thinking that I wanted to know whats happening in Australia Zoo. But then I realised that I'm addicted to his personality. Everyday at that particular hour, I will be craving for a fix. My fix was Steve.

He just do his stuff with so much contagious enthusiasm that it injects a virus into you. And bridging the TV and our interest with his enthusiasm, he educated the world about wildlife. He educated us about how
misunderstood animals are.

There was an episode where Steve cried uncontrollably when Mary died. (and those weren't crocodile tears) You could just feel how much this life and dedication he has chosen means to him. This guy is for real.

If ever there was a show that was made great because of the host's enthusiasm, its Steve Irwin's. I'm sure Jeff Corwin (another good host) is at least as enthusiatic about animals as Steve, but the difference between them is that Steve can channel the enthusiasm right through the TV. Making you feel his enthusiasm. Thats why Steve is great. You don't feel that with Jeff.

A CEO may have the most innovative ideas in the world, but if he is unable to communicate ideas to management, his ideas are almost worthless. If he is unable to channel his enthusiasm to management, you get below-par standard.

And to be killed by a frightened ray......... its such a sad irony.....

I wanted to catch him when he visited Singapore in March. I skipped it thinking he would be here again since Australia Zoo has a good relationship with Singapore Zoo.

"I will catch him another time"

Now I catch him in the news.... ..


RIP Steve

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home